1. The program gratefully acknowledges support from ACES (Area Cooperative Educational Services, Hamden, CT), the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the Connecticut Office of Policy and Management, the Office for Victims of Crime, and the William Caspar Graustein Memorial Fund.
2. Schonfeld, D., M. Kline, and members of the Crisis Intervention Committee, 1994, "School-based Crisis Intervention: An Organizational Model," Crisis Intervention and Time-Limited Treatment 1(2):155-166.
3. Lichtenstein, R., D. Schonfeld, M. Kline, and D. Speese-Linehan, 1995, How to Prepare for and Respond to a Crisis, Alexandria, VA: Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development. Portions of this book may be viewed at http://shop.ascd.org/productdisplay.cfm?productid=103029 under the author Lichtenstein.
4. See note 2 above, Schonfeld, "School-based Crisis Intervention: An Organizational Model."
5. Newgass, S., and D. Schonfeld, 2000, "School Crisis Intervention, Crisis Prevention, and Crisis Response." A. Roberts, ed, Crisis Intervention Handbook: Assessment, Treatment, and Research, 2d ed., New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 209-228.
6. Schonfeld, D., 1993, "Talking With Children About Death," Journal of Pediatric Health Care 7(6): 269-274.