Make sure to cite all sources, in the text using the author-date style (e.g., "Smith, 1999"). In your references, include the following when providing the full citation:
- Author(s) (if unavailable, then editors)
- Publication date
- Title(s) (book, chapter, periodical, article, as applicable)
- City, state, and name of publisher (if book)
- Volume and issue numbers (if periodical)
- Page numbers (if article or book chapter)
Whenever possible, include links to cited works.
OVC will format all citations in your document according to OVC guidelines; therefore, using a consistent citation style will expedite the formatting process. It is imperative that you provide complete and accurate citations. Incomplete information will delay the publication of your product.
Back to Writing Tips