Benefits of Collaboration
Victims, service organizations, and the community benefit from a collaborative approach to providing victim services in a Safe Haven. Among the many benefits of community collaboration are
- Existence of a common mission and goals.
- Minimization of victim confusion through a single point of contact or source of information.
- Coordination of effective services and resources.
- Development of community relationships that benefit the community as well as the victims being served.
- Promotion of positive relationships among agencies that would not otherwise work together.
- Generation of community goodwill.
- Collaboration of people and organizations that have various skills, resources, and information.
- Ability to address a broader diversity of victim needs.
- Collective participation and investment among community agencies.
Working with multiple professional disciplines provides educational opportunities on the issues of victimization, which can have long-term benefits such as
- Heightened public awareness.
- Increased program funding.
- Positive public policy changes.
- Increased multidisciplinary services for victims of crime.
- Revitalized sense of teamwork.
- Commitment and investment in a project's success.