|Evaluating Your Program
Evaluations are an important aspect of the victim service protocol. An evaluation can provide staff and other stakeholders with midcourse data to fine-tune program activities. Both volunteers and victim participants should be surveyed.
To collect comprehensive, helpful data, one evaluation tool should be developed by the primary trial site coalition and used by each of the CCTV sites. A comprehensive evaluation can require significant financial resources or the assistance of an educational institution.
Considerations for a volunteer evaluation are
- Demographics of volunteers.
- Effectiveness of services rendered.
- Overall experience.
Victim Participant Evaluation
Considerations for a victim participant evaluation are
- Demographics of participants.
- Convenience, security, and comfort of the Safe Haven facility.
- Communication and information.
- Effectiveness of specific services.
- Overall satisfaction.