Local Site Coordinator
With the establishment of a community coalition and a signed memorandum of understanding, a local site coordinator should be identified to assume the primary implementation responsibilities for the coalition. A full-time coordinator should
The local coordinator will serve as the single point of contact for victims, coalition members, volunteers, the U.S. Attorney's Office, the court, and the media.
- Facilitate the coalition's work in establishing the Safe Haven.
- Find financial resources.
- Coordinate volunteers.
- Organize public information efforts.
- Coordinate direct victim services during the trial.
- Respond to specific community needs.
- Consider special circumstances, such as holidays and religious observances.
When the community does not have the time to create a coalition because of the limited timeframe, a local coordinator should be identified as soon as possible to begin implementing victim services. The local coordinator will take primary responsibility for coordinating and delivering services.
Local Site Coordinator Resources
Back to Major Roles