|Local Site Coordinator
When coordinating services within a short timeframe without the assistance of a community-based coalition, a local coordinator should be identified as soon as possible to begin implementing victim services. The local coordinator will take primary responsibility for coordinating and delivering services.
Objectives for the full-time coordinator should be to
- Assist the local nonprofit organization with coordination and recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate, schedule, and oversee volunteers.
- Organize public information.
- Coordinate direct victim services.
- Coordinate with CCTV security efforts.
- Collaborate with other CCTV sites that are providing victim services to ensure services are standardized among all locations.
To develop equitable, standardized services, the local coordinator should follow guidelines established in the community coalition protocol, as time allows.
A limited timeframe may not be conducive to a formal grant process. However, as time permits, potential financial resources should be explored.